Running a restaurant business, which does not get enough orders online? Fair enough, do not entertain the thought of closing down and trying another business if it comes to your mind. Your restaurant can get more online orders if you implement the right techniques. So today, we share with you 8 proven online marketing techniques that can see more consumers order your food and drinks online.
Share Nice Photos of What You Offer
- Nothing attracts consumers to a restaurant more than a range of mouth-watering photos of foods and drinks offered at the venue. In fact, 99% of customers make the decision to order based on photos alone. Therefore, be sure to share a variety of quality images to entice your online visitors. You may need to use a professional photography service for the best results.
Tap into the Power of Google My Business
- Google My Business (GMB) is a straightforward tool designed to help businesses manage their online presence across Google, including Search as well as Maps. Setting up GMP, which is free, increases your restaurant’s visibility on Google. That means more people are able to find you and learn about your restaurant. With that, you can look forward to more online orders.
Tap into Social Media
- Maybe your social media absence is the reason why you get fewer orders than you should. Most customers now look for restaurants on social media besides Google. If you are not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or another social media platform, now is the time to join those. After all, you will not have to pay anything to add your restaurant to any of these social platforms.
Geotarget the Right People
- Even though search engines and social media platforms make your restaurant visible to anybody anywhere, it does not help to have people who are too many miles visit your website. After all, they will not order. it benefits to promote your website to people who are in your geographical location because they can actually be your customers. Therefore, use geotargeting to reach out to the right individuals.
Offer Your Customers Freebies
- Offering your customers freebies does not decrease your profits, as it seems to do. Instead, it adds value to the interaction between your customers and business, giving them positive feelings about your entity.
- For example, you can offer a free bottle of soda on every two large pizzas ordered or a free plate of roasted chicken rice on every two plates of the same ordered. There are just too many creative and profitable ways in which you can offer freebies to your customers.
- This not only encourages them to order more but it also lures them to try other products you offer. What’s more, it makes your customers share the good news with others, creating a positive buzz about your brand and attracting more people.
Respond to Customers Instantly
- Maybe what is hurting your restaurant is the fact that you take too long to respond to your customers whenever they reach out. Nothing can be more frustrating to a customer than having to wait 3 days to get a response for a simple inquiry. Businesses that understand how this frustration feels do not keep their customers waiting. They provide a response almost immediately and hence acquire more customers and retain almost all the existing ones. A good rule of thumb is never to keep your customer waiting longer than one hour. Hire a social media manager to handle this task if you lack the time.
Make Sure Your Reviews are Positive
- Ninety percent of your new customers will check your reviews online before ordering. Obviously, if the majority of those are bad, only a few will go ahead to order. So it is important to make sure your reviews are positive, at least a good number of those. By that, I do not mean you delete the negative reviews or pay people to write dishonest positive reviews. What I mean is that you need to be great at what you do to get your customers to sing your praises.
Check Your Prices
- Another effective marketing technique for a restaurant business is to offer better prices than what your competitors do. Lower your prices just a little bit to get more people to order from you as opposed to from other restaurants. With these tough economic times, you can be sure that more customers now consider price in making a decision to order.
If you notice that your restaurant is getting fewer orders online than it should do, do not give up on it just yet. There is still hope for it. Simply implement these eight simple online marketing techniques and you can thank me later.
More for you to read
Harpreet Singh | Sep 27, 2022 | 4 mins read
How to Bounce Back From the Coronavirus Era – Hospitality Business Special
Harpreet Singh | Jul 12, 2023 | 3 mins read
10 Inspiring Food Website Designs: Showcasing the Best in Visual Appeal
Harpreet Singh | Sep 27, 2022 | 4 mins read
Why Is A Food Online Ordering App An Absolute Must?